Hi,
a little newbie question:
I've just installed asterisk and played a little with it. the server has a pubblic address while the clients (sjphone, msn messenger, sipset) are behind a firewall/NAT. sip part always works, while rtp part sometimes works, sometimes not. the question is: does asterisk decapsulates data coming from client 1 and re-encapsulates them in the call-leg from asterisk to client 2 so the problem could be caused by work overload in the server? or can it make data pass through?

the second question (that is related) is: I would like to send video and I set sip.conf with video. I saw that asterisk has plugins for h.261, h.263: what should I do if I want to send h.264 or MPEG4 for example? if asterisk decodes and re-encodes I MUST have a specific plugin, but if it only takes the data from the first call-leg to send them on the second one I don't need it...
thanks for any hint,
Alberto Forchino