Chris Hariga wrote:

This is bull... I can't believe that...
Read more on NAT and Voip here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-NAT+and+VOIP

It's not simple. The server must be reached in order to allow registration for
clients. A server inside a NAT can't be reached unless you use port forwarding.
A client inside can reach a server outside and there are ways to keep a connection
open in the NAT. Asterisk does not support this very well.

The other side of the coin is the contstruction of SIP and SDP. That's a long
story, but it ends in something like:
Asterisk help clients on the inside of a NAT with NAT=yes in SIP.CONF, but
can't work the other way as of today.

> Must be a solution...
Do some research, add som code and we will all be happy!
IPv6 is a solution, if NAT is avoided.

/O

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of WipeOut Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 9:57 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] No sound with SIP Phones on the Internet

Chris Hariga wrote:

Yes, my Asterisk is behind a NAT but I forward all ports (100-56000) to my Linux box.

There is your problem.. Asterisk does not like playing behind NAT.. The UA's can be made to work behind NAT but the server must have a public IP address..

*** Olle E. Johansson, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mobile +46 70 593 68 51, Edvina AB, http://www.edvina.net
Runbovägen 10, 192 48 Sollentuna, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 594 78 810, Fax: +46 8 594 78 820