I don't know about the Tellabs cancellers in particular, but I think any echo canceller built in the 80s will be a fairly poor performer. Many improvements in EC occurred in the early 90s, in response to the problems of earlier cancellers. Also, most older cancellers only cancel fairly short echo tails, as the compute needed for longer cancellation was expensive.

On the other hand, they may be adequate for your needs, and are cheap.

Steve

C F wrote:

Could be, but I don't see why one would spend more just becuase the
answer is yes. The tellabs will do the job perfectly (at least in my
experience) and can be picked up for less than $100.00 on eBay. They
have proven to last for 20 years (the older models being sold on eBay
were manufactured in the 80s). I see no reason to spend the money.