Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

These are *all* incoming calls as far as Asterisk is concerned. You get dumped into a specific part of the dialplan (the context specified) and you tell Asterisk what they can dial. Internal extensions, external peers, Zap channels or even applications... the second half of all of this is the outgoing part, when Asterisk Dial()s.

Do I not remember reading on this or the -dev list--I think more than once--that the recent reworkings (and future direction) of the SIP channel driver is to eliminate the notions of user/peer/friend for SIP, and have *all* endpoints be done as peers?

Maybe I misunderstood a couple of previous threads, but I thought that for some time now (even though perhaps the previous configuration options regarding SIP users are still supported) that we have been asked not to maintain that distinction.

I would welcome clarifying commentary from someone who is clued in on that matter. Not to say you're not, Andrew, because I might be misinformed.

Thx.

B.

-A.

-A.