Damon Estep wrote:
There is some kind of issue with SIP transfer interaction between some
SIP phones and asterisk, I have personal experience with Polycom phones
not being able to do a blind xfer using the feature key.

We have to use the asterisk # blind xfrer functionality for blind
transfers

The phones will drop the call if you initiate a transfer with the
feature key but do not wait for the remote line to answer before
releasing the call. In other words, if you hit transfer on the phone,
wait for the remote phone to ring, and hang up, you will drop the call.

If you wait for the remote phone to answer (live or voicemail) the
transfer will complete.

My users also reported this. It turns out Polycom added a Blind soft key to continue with a blind transfer. If you don't select that then a blind transfer will fail.