Avi Miller wrote:
Rich Adamson wrote:
address zap interfaces, but implies all four lines have to drop into the same context. Not usable given the above.

The new beta (2.1) allows you to route inbound based on Zap channel -- you could set each channel to route to a specific destination, and FreePBX will create the dialplan for you.

After implementing the beta1 code yesterday, it looks like they removed several items (such as being able to edit conf files directly, crm, etc) with no indication as to whether that is permanent or what.

No, those are [EMAIL PROTECTED] specific additions and have never been part of AMP or FreePBX (i.e. the maintenance tab and the SugarCRM integration). FreePBX is merely the GUI that creates/manages your dialplan.

Well... all those things were installed with FreePBX, they just didn't grow there. ;)

Prior to 2.1 and even post 2.1, I have all my TDM400P inbound calls coming to the same destination: The office IVR. Prior to 2.1, I used the "catch-all" destination (i.e. no DID/CID defined) for these. Post-2.1, I you could do it by Zap channel.

Check out #freepbx on irc.freenode.net for more support, or the Documentation Wiki at http://aussievoip.com.au/wiki/freePBX

I've been to the wiki several times, but its very short on any any form of documentation. And, obviously the Handbook was borrowed from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] disto and doesn't actually follow the FreePBX implementations.

FreePBX is as flexible as you make it, essentially -- if it doesn't do what you want it to do, feel free to write your own module (or fund the development of one). =D

Is there a user's mailing list for this, or just the irc channel?

R.