I have a client who has about six of these phones. Luckily (for me, not for them) they were purchased before I came into the picture.

Daniel Salama wrote:
I have heard complaints from my client about the speakerphone and they are now
You don't notice any problems when using the speaker-phone, but the person on the other end hears echo, and quite a lot of it.
, I guess, getting used to picking up the handset :).
My client uses them exclusively with headsets (in a call center) so the quality of the speaker-phone isn't an issue for them.
I have heard any echo problems so far. What bothers me the most is that the phone stops working often (multiple times per day). By this I mean that my client won't be able to dial anything successfully. As soon as 3 or 4 digits are entered, they get a fast busy. To solve it, they need to reboot it. It sounds as if these phones were running Windows instead of Linux :)
Do you have multiple phones going down at the same time? If so, monitor them with "qualify=500" in sip.conf to see if they hit that limit. If you see more than one go down within a short period of time, you have network problems. Check the quality of the network switches they have. Also I have heard some phones have trouble with broadcast packets (at least this has been said about the spa-841 on the wiki). You should strongly consider putting them on a separate vlan to avoid any issues like that. In the future, for phones under $100 then look at the spa-841 phones.

Anyway, what firmware did you use that solved so many of your problems?
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/GXP-2000