On 17 Jun 2006, at 07:53, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

Tim Panton wrote:
Well, with 16 phones, it might be worth putting a
'satellite' asterisk in their office, have it handle local
transfers, and act as a protocol converter, talking sip to the
phones and (trunked) IAX2 to the outside world.
An embedded low power system would do fine.
You might even get away with an nslu2, but I'm not sure
it has the RAM for 16 calls.
A better alternative is to get them to upgrade the DSL to 512 uplink.
Tim.

Neither the unslung nor the wrt support IAX trunking. Zaptel does not compile on either of these architectures.

        No zaptel = no timer = no trunking/meetme/etc.

Just out of curiosity, is ztdummy on kernel 2.6.12.2 architecture specific? i.e.
would it care if it were on an armv5teb not on x86 ?

I understand that the _real_ zaptel modules will be much harder to port,
I just figured that ztdummy might be easier.

Tim.

Tim Panton