I am trying to have thier PC run thru the port on the phone and the phone give prioroty to itself and the rest to the PC. When my client does a big download the phone call gets real bad. The docs from SNOM on TOS (or DIFFSERV) is poor and I dont understand it well enough. Anyone have configs or docs on how they did this ?

Doid
----- Original Message ----- From: "Koopmann, Jan-Peter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion" <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 3:17 AM
Subject: RE: [asterisk-users] SNOM 360

On Freitag, 28. Juli 2006 12:37 Dovid Bender wrote:

Does anyone know how to set up QoS on the SNOM 360 ? Thanks.

What _EXACTLY_ are you trying to accomplish? There is no simply QoS switch on a Snom 360 that will manage things for you. AFAIK all you can do is tell the phone (or * or whatever) what TOS bits to use (or DIFFSERV). It is the task of the equipment managing the bottleneck (firewall, router whatever) to use this information and manage your traffic accordingly.

Regards,
 JP