I explained it backwards,

the thing is I need to make a call right when an event happens, for example when the second link is down, or when I receive a particular call.

In the following sample, I get a call on the first span E1 (g1), and transfer it to the second span (g0). IF the link is down, I would like to call support and let them know.

problem is when line 2 has noanswer  line 3 never gets executed.

exten => _X.,1,Answer
exten => _X.,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN},5,r) (so if the second link doen't answer after 5 seconds, it should play a message and call support)
exten => _X.,3,Dial(Zap/g0/${SUPPORT_PHONE},30,r)
exten => _X.,4,Playback(help)

this is another one, that can't make work with the same situation, I can't hangup the call on the E1 slot without ending the call itself, I've tested hangup and softhangup

exten =>7595,1,answer
exten =>7595,2,playback(hello)
exten =>7595,3,softhangup(${channel}|a)
exten   => 7595,4,Dial(Zap/g0/8734438,60,tr)
exten =>7595,4,playback(muchasgracias)
exten =>7595,5,hangup

All this to try to do it on the same context, (trying to avoid making a call file ),

maybe it doesn't make any sense does it?

Manrique Feoli escribió:
Maybe the question is, how can I call someone right after I something happens, in this particular case if the Dial is not answered.

Manrique Feoli escribió:
Hi all,

I am receiving a call on one E1 and try to set up a call on another E1, if the second call succeds, fine.... but if the second call doesn't answer (or if the second E1 link happens to be down) I can't manage to execute another line of my dialplan to try to setup the call via another route.

I must be missing something basic.

here are my dialplay lines     (taken to the simplest expresion)

exten => _X.,1,Answer
exten => _X.,2,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN},5,r) (so if the second link doen't answer after 5 seconds, it should play a message and call support)
exten => _X.,3,Playback(help)
exten => _X.,4,Dial(Zap/g0/${SUPPORT_PHONE},30,r)

Line 2 jumps to the h priority,  and doesn't execute line 3.

any clue?