        -----Original Message-----
        From: Douglas Garstang
        Sent: Wed 8/16/2006 9:58 PM
        To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion; Asterisk
Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
        Subject: RE: [asterisk-users] Asterisk 'Hosting'

        You think 3 contexts, serving hundreds of companies is going to handle
internal cid, external cid, cid override, pic codes, rate centers, incoming and
outgoing black lists and white lists, findme/follow me with caller id based
routing, transferring and forwarding between multiple hosts in a cluster....
and so on while ALSO letting customers maintain all this via a web interface?

        Even the MySQL dial plan command couldn't handle the findme/followme
because it couldn't save the state of the query used to retrieve the next
number from the findme/followme list and then perform further nested queries to
do blacklist/white list, pic code lookups, rate center lookups on each number.

        We have several layers of organisationl units, and when person A calls
person B, and both are in the same company, we use an internal cid. If person A
and person B are in different companies, we use an external cid, and if the
caller uses a star code, we use an external cid. We had to get the only Gold
Rated MySQL consultants to help us design this damn thing. That's just a taste
of the complexity.

        Now, let the customer manage all this via a web interface and THREE
contexts in a flat file isn't quite going to handle it. I also find your
assumption that I'm an idiot pretty offensive.

        Doug.