Jay Milk wrote:
I've done all the googling I can on this, and have come to the conclusion that a Grandstream BT101 can be abused to be a door phone. Could someone with access to one, confirm that the following is possible?

Researched:
1. When set to auto-answer, dialing the phone will result in a short beep and instant speaker-phone connection.
I have this setup now, but don't recall the short beep. It may be configurable.

2. When pressing the "message" button while on-hook, the phone will activate speaker-phone and dial the number configured for voice mail retrieval.

Correct.

Assumptions:
3. Pressing the "message" button additional times will simply be ignored by the phone.

I have several, I can check this weekend.

4. Hanging up the other end of the call will deactivate the speaker phone and cause the phone to go on-hook. (This is the behavior I see on a Polycom 430).

I would have to say correct as well, since I'm using it as a paging unit and it does hang up after playing back the audio file.

Something to consider, the BT101's speak phone has no Echo cancellation whatsoever and sounds just awful in a two way conversation.

Doug