In that respect I'd rather recommend the Linksys WIP300. After initial
frustration it does work great. Roaming actually works pretty well
with perhaps 250ms of silence and or distortion if you have really
good overlapping coverage. People like to blame WiFi for poor
scalability. No doubt it's a challenge.The operators of mobile
networks spend how much planning on cell sites in addition to being
licensed frequencies? You can achieve the same high-quality coverage
with WiFi if you put as much planning and engineering into it. But in
that case you'd probably run Avaya, perhaps Cisco Call Manager and
Spectralink.

On 3/28/07, Brian Capouch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jordan Novak wrote:
> Okay, I get it. I still have a problem though. I have no way to wire 30%
> of these end-points. P{hysically impossible. They do have cat3 twisted
> pair to each phone. But of course they want IP. Are there any ad
What I would like to know, and do not understand, is the relationship
between the code in chan_skinny.c which sets up the softkeys which are
implimented and the actual key positions on the phone. With this info,
I can hack the code to impliment other of the keys (ie. speed dial,
etc.).paters
> that will give me just enough bandwidth to get it done. The computer
> network is all wireless so the phones would have all the bandwidth.

Some of the Wifi phones--at least under the relatively stable conditions
I have here--work very reliably.

I have 3 Starcom F1000s, and a) if they don't have to roam and b) they
don't have to connect dynamically to different servers, work just fine.

FYI.  YMMV.

B.

believed to be clean.