I searched extensively on this and did not find anything conclusive except
the general understanding that on TDM cards every instalation is different
whereas for BRI /PRI it should work.

As for the config, Asterisk just works perfectly well with voice
conversations over the FXO line. I add one IAX extension in * for the
IAXModem and then in the IAXmodem configure the default modem as the one
that is registered in *. If I make a Fax call to my mobile, it rings and I
can hear the Fax on the other side. So, the problem I believe is in the
negotiation/sinchronization where something is broken at some point.

I would like to know wether it is possible to solve this adjusting some
parameter in some config file or I should just forget it and use a digital
line instead.

Thanks,
Jose L.

   -- Accepting AUTHENTICATED call from 127.0.0.1:
      > requested format = slin,
      > requested prefs = (),
      > actual format = alaw,
      > host prefs = (alaw),
      > priority = mine
   -- Executing [EMAIL PROTECTED]:1] Dial("IAX2/200-1",
"Zap/g1/956855858") in new stack
   -- Called g1/956855858
   -- Zap/4-1 answered IAX2/200-1
   -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'
 == Spawn extension (default, 956855858, 1) exited non-zero on 'IAX2/200-1'
   -- Hungup 'IAX2/200-1'

faxstat -s
JID    Pri    S    Owner    Number         Pages    Dials     TTS
Status
35     126  S    root         956855858    0:1          1:12       11.19
No carrier detected

On 15/04/07, Steve Totaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yuan LIU wrote:
>> From: "Jose Limeres" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:10:58 +0100
>>
>> Hi,
>> Anybody lucky with this config inside an Asterisk server for dealing
>> with
>> FAX ?
>>
>> FXO_LINE   ----> ASTERISK 1.4.2 ---> IAXMODEM ------>  HYLAFAX
>> TDM400P            ZAPTEL
>> 4.3.1
>> 1 FXO port          1.41
>
> Search Asterisk forum.  Yes, somebody posted positive results.
>
> Yuan Liu
I have had great results via PRI -> Asterisk -> IAXModem -> Hylafax

Post your log results and configs.

Thanks,
Steve