From: Ernest W. Lessenger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 4:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Port density: DS3 cards?

At 02:34 PM 12/4/2003, you wrote:

However, considering the traffic volumes that you are talking about,

is

it

really true to say that the traditional telco cards are

astronomically

priced, given the amount of revenue that can be generated per month

on a

DS3?

Eight quad-span T-1 cards from Digium: $8,970
Three reasonable-quality asterisk servers: $1,000
One T-1/DS-3 MUX: $5000

Total system cost: $14,970

That actually sounds quite reasonable to me. However, if I were doing

this

myself I would look hard at getting a MAX TNT with VoIP capability off
eBay. The price would be equivalent or less, the interface would be

more

complicated, but all the DSP would be done by the MAX.

--Ernest

Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
[EMAIL PROTECTED]