On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, John Todd wrote:
>    - a high-density T1 termination system that can handle >8 T1's in a
> very small amount of rackspace.  DS3 de-muxing onboard would be
> optimal, since anyone with >8 T1's is probably getting a DS3 delivery
> method, and removing the M13 mux from the rack would be great.
> Optimally, a 1u rackmount with T3/E3 coax _and_ 28 RJ-45 connections
> (only 17 of which would be used for E3/E1 muxing)  Out of this unit
> would come IAX2 or (sub-optimally) TDMoE packets to Asterisk peer(s).
>     This solution quickly gets into the discussion of "why you might
> need SS7 for large installations", but I will not address that here,
> and we'll assume this is all PRI delivery.

One thing I would like to see if gr303 in and outbound. I tried to find
out from the openss7 people what shape their gr303 stack was in but got no
reply.

dave

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent