On Oct 24, 2007, at 12:25 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This is semi-related, but I have a Tmobile MDA and I couldn't play the
files either. The issue was not a codec issue, it was an email encoding
issue.  If I sent the message to an email account and it was then
downloaded to my desktop via outlook and then forwarded on to my phone, I can listen to them. If I just send it direct to the phone, I see the
attachment and it opens in media player, but it won't play.  I don't
know if you are having codec issues or email encoding issues, but it is
a place to look.

I have an iPhone and tried several things to get a message to play in an email and I gave up. I ended up mailing a link that then runs the file through a conversion CGI-like deal. Unfortunately, the iPhone also doesn't support many low bandwidth codecs. It does support AMR, but that's about it.

I eventually got this working, but not with Asterisk. It's for our legacy voice mail system.

-Norman Franke
ASD, Inc.