it's very odd
-I just upgraded to 1.4.18 (from 1.4.17)
-removed answer
-changed to several other options, still no luck
(restarted also)

Eric Wieling schreef:
Don't answer the line. Also try using the US indications, just in case something odd is in the NL setup.

Fons van der Beek wrote:
Tnx.

I checked /etc/asterisk/indications.conf and my default location nl
is listed in the options

So i am still puzzled

my extensions.conf in respect to incomming calls (as basic as possible)

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,queue(receptie|r)
exten => s,3,Voicemail(201)

everything else works as it should work, but no "ringing" on an external line

on the other hand, internaly: it's ok

exten => 205,1,queue(receptie|r)
exten => 205,2,busy

205 gives ringing

Eric Wieling schreef:
This problem would happen if you did not have /etc/asterisk/indications.conf

Fons van der Beek wrote:
I tried that, its gives me the same problem.

Kevin P. Fleming schreef:
Fons van der Beek wrote:
Because i want a ringing signal while people are in a waiting queue i've created a wav file containing our local ringing indication If I make an inside call to the queue, the correct sound is played, but when i make an external call, no signal is heard.
everything else looks ok, and all other functions are ok....
The Queue() application has an option to generate ringback to callers
instead of music on hold, why don't you just use that instead of trying
to craft a new solution?