On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:28 AM, John Faubion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > need auto answer or how else would the audio come out of
>  > the speakers?
>
>  One of the lowest cost solutions I've used for this is a Grandstream BT-200.
>  You can buy the phone for around $50, it supports auto answer, and it has a
>  miniature audio jack already on it. Just run the output to an amplifier and
>  speakers and your good to go.
>
>  John

Yes I suspect the GS ATAs (286/486) have the same option and have a
simple single pair analog RJ11 jack for an analog device.  Might be
even cheaper and definitely lower profile than a full blown phone.

Besides that I have had bad luck with GS phones (based on the BT102s)
losing registration.  This was quite some time ago but the ATAs never
gave me any problems.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro