On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Vikas wrote:

> I have been using the inbound 800 services from vitelity. Slowly the
> usage has been rising and in the month of Jan the bill was for $650. I
> am currently on a 1.9 cents a minute plan. Am I paying too much ?
>
> Some suggestions my team generated to reduce the toll free incoming call
> bill were:
>
> 1. When people call in on the 800 number take the local number they are
> calling from and then call them back from our unlimited outgoing account
> from broadvoice.

This depends on your customer:

1) Will they put up with it? I was always taught "Once you have a fish on
the line, never let go."

2) Do you get 100% caller ID delivery and accuracy? I set my caller ID to
my cell so my customers can always reach me.

> 2. Find a vendor with a better rate.

1.9 sounds pretty good to me. Last time I looked, T1 PRI wasn't much
better per minute.

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Craig Van Ham top-posted:

> Wow that's crazy, 1.9 is pretty much as good as your going to get. I
> would find out where were the most of your traffic is coming from and
> get local numbers in those areas. When the person calls your 1800 number
> check if there is a local number for them to use if so play the message
> with the local number.

Again, will the customer put up with it. I wouldn't unless I'm really
motivated. And the impression it gives customers is that you're so cheap
that saving a couple of pennies is more important than their time.

I wish that I had so many customers that inbound 800 was a significant
expense :)

Thanks in advance,