I disagree with your opinion on softphones, i think they're great, saved
thousands in cabling, switch and phone costs.

I've had 50 agents running diskless/pxe linux (fedora 8), firefox,
thunderbird and twinkle and never had any problems, in the next few months i
expect to have at least 250 agents using this solution.

I must admit though that i did share your opinion that hardphones are the
only way to go, but having actually taken the time to get everything
configured properly i see no advantage to having hard phones, only a huge
unneccesary cost - that's the same way i look at using windows for agent
pc's, completely unneccesary unless they *have* to use some sort of software
that will only run on windows.

Cheers