On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Fred Posner <f...@teamforrest.com> wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2010, at 1:03 PM, sean darcy wrote:
>
>> Well at least my RG doesn't let you use DMZplus _unless_ you've chosen
>> dhcp. So I did. And the RG shows the router as DMZplus. And I can ssh
>> into my router from the internet.
>>
>> Anybody else got this working?
>>
>> sean
>>

> What are the issues? First, do you have a public IP or private IP from the
> DHCP server. If it's private, then it's not set up correctly. If it's public,
> make sure you've updated your sip.conf with the public ip as an external
> address.
>
> ---fred
> http://qxork.com
>

> --

The issues are that sip doesn't work, even though this same set up
worked with POTS dsl. IAX does (but gives lousy audio quality) so I
don't believe all udp ports are blocked.

ifconfig on my linux router box shows the public address. I can ssh
into that box from the outside. This is a dynamic address, so I use
Register to set the incoming ip address. As far as I can tell the
Register never gets to another asterisk box I can inspect.

I will try setting the home router address in the office asterisk box
to see if that works and try a call from office to home, even though
it's not a long term fix.

sean