On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, ayodele abejide wrote:

> I am having serious problems connecting my client software to asterisk,
> i tried x-lite would not connect, and i tried with twinkle too, it
> wouldnt, i cannot get to call myself, i am not on a network, just trying
> all this out locally, can i not get to connect without been on a
> network?

0) A more specific subject will get more specific answers.

1) The more detail you provide, the more detailed answer you may receive.

2) Focus on a single issue.

You can run a softphone on the same host as Asterisk if you configure the
port usage correctly. It's easier if you use a separate computer (even a
Windows computer) so you have less to figure out before you complete your
first call.

A complete, completely insecure sip.conf file can be as simple as:

[general]
          disallow                       = all
         allow                           = all
         allowguest                      = yes
         allguest                        = yes
         context                         = block-ani
         host                            = dynamic

; (end of sip.conf)

Note that you will have to change the context to match where you want the
call to start in your dialplan (extensions.conf).

You can view the SIP dialog between your softphone and Asterisk if you
enable SIP debugging. For version 1.2, the CLI command is "sip debug" but
you may be running a different version.

If you still need help:

) start a new thread with a more meaningful subject like: "First time user
-- x-lite not connecting."

) Specify which version of Asterisk you are using.

) Cut and paste the contents of sip.conf.

) Cut and paste the output from the CLI command "show dialplan
<the-name-of-the-context-from-sip.conf>"

) Enable SIP debugging using the appropriate CLI command for your version
of Asterisk.

) Cut and paste the CLI output from a failed call attempt.

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST