On 02/17/2011 12:10 AM, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
[snip]
Backlight works fine on a IP550 with 3.3.1 . I have mine set to off
when idle. I like that the 3.3.x series doesn't required the default
sip.cfg and phone1.cfg files. The structure of the XML seems cleaner
and more consistent.

   <up>
     <up.backlight up.backlight.idleIntensity="0" up.backlight.onIntensity="3">
     </up.backlight>
   </up>

Here's what I have:

<up
up.idleTimeout="10"
up.backlight.idleIntensity="0"
up.backlight.onIntensity="3">
/>

That's obviously using a different way (is syntax the proper word?). Don't know if that could make a difference. The config does work except for this setting and the MWI chirp.

The only bug I've seen with 3.3.1 is on the IP335. After dialing when
it connects the caller name and number jump 1 pixel higher, which
looks weird as it is close to the line. One 3.2.3 it didn't move up
and looked centered. However the scrolling caller id for incoming
calls make this minor annoyance worth the upgrade.

That's good to know. Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Patrick