On 6/05/11 8:35 AM, Ira wrote:
At 01:07 PM 5/5/2011, you wrote:
I am not saying using production servers to test, rather reproducing
your production setups in a test environment. You would then create
test plans or test cases of the features you use in Asterisk. Once
documented, for each and every RC of Asterisk you go through the steps
outlined in your test plan / case, confirming this work as expected
and then documenting the results.

Yes, but in my world there is one Atom powerd Linux box running
Asterisk, 4 or 5 Windows machines and 2 Macs. If I want to test, it has
to be on my production box and I'm more than happy to run beta software
on that box. My comment is just that the protocol for me helping you is
not clear to me. I have been beta testing since 1985 when I was able to
crash Brief on the Novell network I used at work.

Were you beta testing using your production servers then?

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell

http://www.venturevoip.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News)