On 10/05/12 10:45 AM, eherr wrote:
Has anyone been able to get SLA ( Shared Line Appearance ) to work with
Polycom phones.

I want to be able to emulate a key system but I cannot figure it out.

Everything I tried so far is just not working together.

Yes, I have managed to get everything working recently with Asterisk 1.8 and Polycom devices (and Aastra, Panasonic, Snom, Digium, etc...)

For the Polycom's in particular, look for the <attendant/> section in the Polycom admin manual. You will want to setup your resourceList options for the SLA configuration so it monitors correctly (which are really just BLF type keys on the Polycom that monitor a hint on Asterisk).

The hints on Asterisk are them controlled via the SLAtrunk() and SLAstation() applications in Asterisk.

I'll be updating the SLA section in the next version of Asterisk: The Definitive Guide (4th edition) to elaborate on SLA based on my testing and implementations over the last couple of months.

So here is what you need as a recap:

* registration line on Polycom
* attendant configuration for BLF keys
* hints in Asterisk that the attendant keys can monitor
* sla.conf configuration for trunks and stations
* usage of SLAtrunk() and SLAstation() applications to use the SLA lines, which also changes the device status (that is monitored by the device)

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk