Hi!

> FWD permits up to 25 simultaneous registrations
> per user. This is a typical feature of SIP based
> VoIP.

FWD uses SER before Asterisk, so the initial SIP communication is always
handled by SER.

> I can't remember what asterisk's limits are, but
> may be someone else on the list has already answered
> it...

See erlier messages on this list. SER (a SIP proxy) will ring all
registered phones, and the first one picking up will win.

On the other hand Asterisk (a PBX) will ring the latest/newest (?)
registered device only, and with the refresh times being adjustable it is
pretty much unpredictable which device will finally ring.

Bottom line: Multiple logins are ok with SER, and not ok/not advisable
with Asterisk. Use queues or different logins if you need this
functionality in Asterisk.

Cheers, Philipp