Am 16. September 2015 18:48:16 MESZ, schrieb Daniel Heckl
<daniel.he...@gmail.com>:
>Sebastian,
>
>If I have understood you correctly, the SIP communication is now via
>NAT instead forwarded ports. For safety, it is much better.
>
>I think it is not because of a UDP timeout, but rather because of a NAT
>timeout. For this is "qualify" exactly the right thing to let the NAT
>port opened.
>
>Daniel
Hi Daniel,

Not quite. Asterisk is running on an Openwrt router. So Asterisk is listening
on a public IP. No NAT involved, no port forwarding.

Openwrt tracks the UDP connection for 180s (default). "qualify" keeps the
connection alive (every 120s).

Without "qualify" inbound calls wouldn't work starting 180s after the
registration, until after another 300s, when Asterisk registers again (provider
requires a registration expiry >480s).

Regards,
Sebastian