[snip]

So what about system.conf would cause lsdahdi to show "T1" instead of
"PRI" in column two?  Just trying to head off any additional problems
once they get their patching sorted out.

The issue is probably with the wanpipe configuration and not with DAHDI or Asterisk. Run the wanpipe_cfg script again and make sure you change all necessary settings from E&M to ISDN PRI.

The site with the Sangoma (wanpipe) card is working as expected as a PRI. The site that I couldn't switch tonight uses a Xorcom box - the only one I have worked on. Is there also something about Xorcom config that needs to change to make it realize it is a PRI and not a T1? I don't recall anything like that in the installation, but that was some time ago.

Thanks,