Gavin Hollinger wrote:

Try replacing:

exten => s,2,SetVar,CALLERIDNUM=1111111
exten => s,3,SetVar,CALLERIDNAME=blah
exten => s,4,SetVar,CALLERID=blah

With:

exten => s,2,SetCallerID("NAME HERE" <8005551212>)

Hey thanks Gavin - that worked perfectly!!!! Based on pattern matching I can now re-write the caller id. The only problem is I'm not sure what the caller id is set to if a block call comes in.

I've tried the following

-----------------------------------
STRING="unknown"      <-with and w/o quotes

exten => s,1,gotoif,"$[${CALLERIDNAME} = ${STRING}]?2:3";
exten => s,2,SetCallerID("Caller ID unknown" <0>)
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------
exten => s,1,gotoif,"$[${CALLERIDNAME} = \0]?2:3";
exten => s,2,SetCallerID("Caller ID unknown" <0>)

But these give a parse error - taking out the quotes does the same.

The reason I'm pursing this is most users are puzzled when presented w/ a call from asterisk w/ no phone number. The CALLERID should be set to 'CallerID blocked' or 'CallerID unavailable'.

This will clarify things for average users.

Yes technically all incoming calls come from the pbx hence the CALLERID is set to 'asterisk' I feel this is ambiguous at best, ie Joe User will ask "Who's asterisk?" and downright confusing at worst.

I'd almost call this a bug - not even a feature...

--
Rock River Internet                          Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor                [EMAIL PROTECTED]