Chris Bond wrote:

Are they any issues still with hyperthreading processors, I've read and been
told by a few people to make sure its disabled in bios if I want to use * on
a hyperthreading machine.

A lot of people report no problems with HT turned on, but you have to look at these reports carefully. A lot of people have no zaptel hardware in their system. That seems OK with HT on. Some people with zaptel hardware use it in very simple ways. That also seems OK. However, if you try things like setting loopback on a TE410P card with HT turned on, the machine locks solid. So, there are HT issues, but not everyone hits them.

Regards,
Steve