Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

On Thursday 17 June 2004 11:38, John Fraizer wrote:

If you have PRI service into your * server, it is possible - though not
always easy - to set the ALI database information specific for each ANI
(DID number) that you use.  I do this with our PRI's.  Depending on
which number we present to the telco, the ALI is different.

Do you have information on how to do this? This is *precisely* what I want to do. I assumed you set this up with your telco and then set the caller ID to the # matching the address you wanted, leaving the telco to do the address match.

Regards,
Andrew

The service that you need from your telco is called PS/ALI or "Private Switch/Automatic Location Identification". Most phone companies are *capable* of doing this. The sales critters generally don't know what the ^&#@@ you're talking about though so, ask them to get their 911 coordinator involved. The 911 coordinator will know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

And yes, the location information (ALI) is held in a database outside of your system. You simply send the appropriate ANI information and the ALI is mapped to it. If you put a phone in at 123 E. Main Street with a DID of 123-456-7890, you update the ALI information for 123-456-7890 to match.

John