> Have you tried connecting an ordinary phone into the
> line and
> making/receiving calls?

  I have, and it works fine.  In fact, If I plug the
card into the line, and then a phone into the 'phone'
jack on the card, the line works fine (though I can't
imagine why that would make a difference).  In fact,
calling out with an ordinary phone is the only way
that I can 'reset' the line so that I can receive
calls over that line again.  Also, I've had this line
for a long time, and have never noticed any sort of
problem.

> It sounds to me as if there's a problem on the line.
>  If your X100P
> was just not answering then the caller should hear a
> ring tone,
> rather than a recorded message.  Well, I don't know
> anything about
> your telco, but that's what would happen here if I
> switched off my
> Asterisk box or disconnected the line.

That's what I was thinking too, but that's not what's
happening.  Boy, I sure don't want to have to get the
telco involved, but it looks like that's where we are
going with this, eh?

I realized one other thing that may be relevant.  I
have other devices plugged into that line.  Perhaps
the X100P is not designed for that, and it sucks up
all of the power?  Anyone have that sort of setup
working?

--shaun