William Glynn ha scritto:
I'm seeing training errors that often stop fax machines from even
starting delivery, lots of errors from libtiff regarding unexpected
line lengths, and garbled data even if RxFax thinks it's okay.

Strange. Which version of libtiff are you using?

However, I've gotten TxFax to work reliably. Outbound faxing (with
a whole slew of scripts) is really quite slick. Oddly, faxing out
over a TE410P to the teleco and back produces identical results
from RxFax. That is, loopback doesn't function correctly.

Strange, again. I've not tried loopback, but my incoming/outgoing faxing works like a charm, via SIP. I don't have any pstn hardware, my pstn interface is an experimental SIP gateway from my telco.

Can you think of any other details in your configuration that might
pertain to SpanDSP? Would you be willing to post your binaries
somewhere?

I've ztdummy loaded, for timing functionality. Since you own a TE410, I guess you don't need it at all. No sound card (so, no chan_oss/chan_alsa).
Tipical machine's load: load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Maybe you've got high loads and timing gets critical?

Binaries? I don't think that would be a brilliant idea, but if you wish...tell me which files you need exactly. But beware, worst things may happen (like strange segmentation faults).

Cheers,
Simone.