On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 09:38, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 August 2004 23:50, Steve Underwood wrote:
> > Several people have reported problems sending faxes from spandsp-0.0.1k
> > to Canon FAX machines. A spandsp user had the same problem with another
> > make of FAX machine, and traced the problem to a bug in the file t30.c
> > of spandsp. Line 542 says s->t4.rx_file[0] where it should say
> > s->t4.tx_file[0]. This fixes his problem, and I suspect it will also fix
> > the Canon fax machine problem. Can someone having problems with Canon
> > machines try this change, and tell me the result?
>
> I will give this a shot shortly.  I still get spandsp segfaulting the odd time
> so I need to set up a secondary asterisk box to prevent such problems.  I've
> already posted to the list about that particular problem, it's not something
> as simple as the wrong copy of libtiff or anything.  :-)
>
> Just FYI; we have a Canon IR3300 fax/copier/scanner big badass unit (over 3mil
> copies and going...)
>
> -A.
I too have an ir3300 and was having issues with faxes. I found this
googleing:

Hooper:
IR330 w/ print and fax works just fine. Except that it does      not
receive from one customer. May I add that it's their most important
customer! The faxes are coming from a computer.

I have looked at my past note on a similar problem and did this:

SSW3 1000-0010 from 0000-0000
SSW17 0000-0010 from 0000-0000

MEM
NL to on from off
ATT to 6

NUM
02 to 15
03 to 20
04 to 15
010 to 6800

Not sure of the rom versions.

Still isn't receiving. Any suggestions?

RussW
Try
setting SW05 bit 3 to 1 from 0

I have seen this same fault with the HP31xx

Hooper:
Problem fixed! Changed SSW5 bit three to 1 from zero.

I only changed the ssw5 bit.... the other changes seemed to make it
worse.

Hope this helps!

t o n y