Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Echo in CAPI channels

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Derek Conniffe wrote:

I also get echo also but whats interesting is that I only get an echo if
the person at the far end (via. the telephone company) is using an
analogue phone line. If they are on ISDN or a cell phone there is no

echo.

I'm only using basic ISDN (not primary rate) connections with chan_capi
and AVM Fritz PCI cards.  I'd love to hear how to fix this.

Derek

Hi Derek,

Your practical experience exactly matches the theory.

"Electrical echo" can be introduced when digital or 4-wire connections are
converted to two wire.

ISDN and cell-phone is all digital.

As for fixing it with chan_capi - not so easy.  The latest chan_capi
(0.3.5) has only a very basic echo cancellation - configured using
"echosquelch" or "echocancel" in capi.conf.  You could try adjusting
those and see if it helps.

Steve

Derek Conniffe Rivertower Ltd DDI: (Local Ireland) 01 201 0146 (International) +353 1 201 0146 Mobile: (Local Ireland) 086 856 3823 (International) +353 86 856 3823 Main Line: (Local Ireland) 1890 45 70 74 (International) +353 1 201 0180 Fax: (Local Ireland) 01 201 0085 (International) +353 1 201 0085 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: www.rivertowerhosting.com