I see your point and it is well taken but I feel that with convergence you are going to see more IT staff in charge of phone systems. In turn, I see more research and informed decisions going on, not just a consumer following what is being pushed.

That being said, maybe I am just looking at a grey sky through blue sunglasses.

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:asterisk-users->[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Totaro

I predict a paradigm shift, rendering what is historical, null.

Is this in general, applying to all technology, or just to telecom? (i.e., will Hollywood ship videos in hi-def on EVD?)

-Michael

>No worries here.  What works best will win out eventually.

Not sure where you get that idea, as historically it's not that way :S.

Companies will make SIP work reasonably enough. What will win out is
whatever is marketed and sold the best. Getting published specs, inc.
being
a published "standard" is part of that marketing.

-Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bush" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>