Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists wrote:

It would seem that there is only a single line which has changed in respect of SIP reigstration ...

*************** static int transmit_register(struct sip_
*** 4054,4059 ****
--- 4055,4061 ----
                        if (!ast_strlen_zero(r->username)) {
                                strncpy(p->peername, r->username,
sizeof(p->peername)-1);
                                strncpy(p->authname, r->username,
sizeof(p->authname)-1);
+                               strncpy(p->fromuser, r->username,
sizeof(p->fromuser)-1);
                        }

... and I am trying to make sense of this so as to be confident to
apply the change to the earlier version. Is this likely to be what
fixed this bug or did I mess up with the diff? I'd appreciate if

I don't claim to understand the code at all, but what little I think I understand from it makes me believe this is not the change you're looking for.

Cheers,
Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>