Tom Lahti wrote:

Or for some other poster, because he chose to use Asterisk in his corporation and now _somehow_ he should have some say in how its developed/maintained just because he's using it. Well you know what, you can always stop using it if you don't like it, or you never should have started in the first place. You knew what the score was when you started, and if you didn't its your own fault for being too lazy to read and understand.

Wow, nice way to completely mis-state what I wrote.

Are you saying that those of us that are using the product should not be allowed to voice our opinions about its licensing, development and maintenance? That we should all just shut up and take whatever Mark & co. give us? If that's the case, then this is most definitely NOT an open-source project at all.

My statements in no way implied that _I_ should have any say in how it is developed or maintained, any more than anyone else has a say in that via this list and the other resources made available by Digium. My statements said only that I was _concerned_ that Asterisk's development was hampered by the dual licensing model and that I felt a more normal "pure GPL" licensing model would help its future. Yes, I have known this from the day I started looking at Asterisk, before I even compiled it for the first time. I also know that if I find it to be a large enough obstacle, that I am free to take the GPL distribution of Asterisk and make my own tree available to anyone who wants it, without contributing all of my changes back to Digium's tree (those that Digium would not accept). From what I understand, the "bristuff" tree is already dealing with this same issue. I don't want to go that route, I'd much rather be able to contribute all my changes back to Digium's tree, but I can't.

If you are saying that I have no right to say that, I'd be curious as to the basis of your opinion :-)