Martin List-Petersen wrote:

You may or may not be aware that to contribute code to FSF owned and maintained software one needs to assign copyright to the FSF in much the same way one is required to assign copyrights to Digium.

True, I don't think the FSF are going to sell licenses to those programs under different terms and Digium does.

Could you please go and read Marks (or my) mail again ?
I don't know about the FSF (haven't checked) but with Digium you are
keeping your copyright, but giving Digium a non-excluse, non-revocable
license to your changes.

I stand corrected. AFAIK the FSF is a full copyright assigment.

BTW, I actually signed and faxed the "Digium disclaimer" and already contributed code under it thinking it was a copyright assigment. I guess I just trust Mark, which in the end - this is what all this is about.

Gilad