Hello,

 I'm interested in opinions about the best phone for high quality
telemarketing use(very heavy use with highest possible quality sound).
I'd prefer that the phone be SIP, but I'd consider anything that will
work with Asterisk.  I think I'm going to need both deskphones and
softphones, but I'm particularly interested in desk phones right now.

 I'm particularly concerned about voice quality, and phone durability
for hours of continuous use.  It should also be able to be used with a
quality headset.

Anyone have any thoughts?

thanks,
 Shaun

Try one of the SIP compatible Cisco phones. Mine (7960) has a built-in port for a headset which eliminates the need for a headset amplifier. Their phones are expensive but you get what you pay for IMHO. Very solid, very good sound quality and work very well with Asterisk. Check the Cisco site for a list of phones that are SIP compatible as the 7960 might be an overkill (6 line capacity).