I *do* do the same for his posts. Every hundredth one or so, I feel it necessary to let the poor guy or gal who was unlucky enough to ask a simple question that "Critch" felt the need to answer, that we all were not like that. As a result, that person might even ask another question someday.

Instead of being an ass about it, Steve could just as easily said:

"You can find the information you seek on Google.". It's only a few more words, and far more cordial.

Greg

Matt Riddell wrote:
Gregory Junker wrote:

And Steve provides yet another cordial, extremely helpful reply.

Really, friend, does it do *that* much for your ego to step on people in public? If you can't be friendly, just ignore the damn email, no matter how many times the question has been asked.

Maybe you could do the same for his posts.

8000 messages for first post (poster should have checked google - BTW its ok)

8000 messages for post telling him to search google

8000 messages for post telling Steven to ignore the mail

8000 messages for this post I am currently sending.

1. The first message shouldn't have been sent. (If everybody had ignored him he would have ended up at google anyway)

2. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th messages shouldn't have been sent (an extra 24,000 mails sent out) - and yes I know the 4th is my mail.

3. Maybe a new rule :-) Don't flame, but if someone does, don't respond to it. It will go away if you ignore it.

Oh yeah, and sorry for polluting the net with this post...hopefully it'll be the last on the subject.