Add to it, my message wasn't a flame but rather a terse comment. Your

Never said it was a flame. I said it was in a tone virutally guaranteed to make the guy consider you and everyone on the list to be a conceited jackass.

The difference in your perception of your replies (the one I snipped included) and the way you actually come off in public, is the problem. You think you are being terse. You actually thought your post directed the guy to the "answer repository". He probably did end up going to Google, but I'll bet he loses interest in Asterisk before long. I guess your work is done here then, right? If they guy isn't an expert, he has no hope of learning, huh?

And they wonder why Linux doesn't catch on...