nkb wrote:

Hi.
I'm really new.
I was just wondering if it is possible at all to do a IP to IP call without a * server (or as a matter of fact, any other kind of server)? say I'm at mydomain.com's 10.0.0.1 and I want to call my buddy at hisdomain.com's 192.168.0.3. Is this sort of things possible?

I think this kind of functionality is supported by some SIP phones. Well the docs of my budgetone says it does, but I've never tried it.

Or must we all both be registered with the same server to do that? Can this not be done without passing thru server (*)?

From what I understand, if you are using, say, 2 IAXys, then they will sort of automagically communicate directly with each other once the communication is established.

I also think SIP has a similar mechanism (REINVITE?) - but then again I'm fairly new to VoIP so I might be talking all rubbish. If I am please someone correct me :-)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.