In data Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:55:06 +0100, Michael Vogel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto:

lenz schrieb:
I was wondering: anybody ever wrote an asterisk based bbs? not a bbs about asterisk, but a vocal bbs that runs on asterisk, so that people can call, hear the discussion of the day, leave messages, etc.

It doesn't really make sense to me. It only makes sense for some very limited fields. e.g. when somebody cannot read or write (he hasn't learned it or is blind). Everybody else could use the computer. Most people who would use such a system do have a computer at home I guess.

yes, but it could be a funny thing to do. I have been a long time bbs enthusiast and would have loved - back in the beginning of the 90s, with the first 14400 voice modems - to run a voice only bbs, with people talking instead of typing. now with * it is not only feasible, but by linking up to some free phone number provider could be free for everyone to use. so I thought this idea would come up in somebody else's mind.... :-)
l.

--
Creato con M2, il rivoluzionario client e-mail di Opera: http://www.opera.com/m2/