I bought two Nortel 1535 phones from ebay, I should share my own experience
vs your experience with the list here

e.  Sound quality is crap

Compared to Polycom/Aastra/Snom phones I have, its quality is the same level
as Aastra phone

f.   Managed to get it working over a LAN exclusively.
I have one phone working via Wireless, one phone with wired LAN, I didn't
test with any SIP servers outside my LAN, but lots of users do

g.  No video / H264 or H263 in the LAN with Asterisk.
I have one phone registered with my Asterisk, one phone registered with my
FreeSWITCH, none of them is Nortel or SipX platform, the video calls using
H264 and H263 with Asterisk/FreeSWITCH or mix all working very well.

Thanks,
Chris Chen