Greetings,

I have been net5501 testing with Darrick's latest builds for the
"asterisk-beta" branch.
http://www.djhsolutions.com/astlinux/

With all the changes (runnix, unionfs, asterisk 1.4) things work
amazingly well... of course there are some problems.

In particular openntpd.  This is what I have found.

1) The time is set properly at startup... perfectly.

2) Both the client and server processes are running and also show in
netstat -a.

3) Over a period of 24 hours, using "date", my clock looses about 10
seconds, but #2 above is still true.

4) As a test, I killed the ntpd processes, my local clock continues
to loose 10 sec per 24 hours.

It is almost like Openntpd is working (ie. not exiting) but not
adjusting the local clock.
Anyone else notice this on a net5501?

Lonnie

Note: My net5501 was in the batch with the wrong capacitors, but I
returned it to Soekris, and the RTC appears to be fixed.