On Dec 4, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Ron Byer Jr. wrote:

> Philip,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. I did the modprobe ipv6 and it had little/
> no
> effect. Still failing on the bind (AF_INET6) call.
>
> I guess there are two mysteries here, though I would be happy to
> solve only
> one of them :: why is it doing the v6 bind call, and, why it is
> failing.
>

> I'm going to do some review of the modules in the trunk-1725 vs the
> 0.6.2
> versions. They both appear to be the same kernel version (2.6.20.21)
>
> rb

It does appear IP6 is causing problems... (0.6.2)

Simple example:

pbx ~ # nslookup localhost
Server:    10.10.50.1
Address 1: 10.10.50.1 gw-xtra.priv.abelbeck.com

Name:      localhost
Address 1: 7f00:1:f069:aebf::
Address 2: 127.0.0.1 localhost

pbx ~ # wget http://localhost
Connecting to localhost ([7f00:1:c0b8:bfbf::100:0]:80)
wget: socket(AF_INET6): Address family not supported by protocol

pbx ~ # telnet localhost
telnet: socket(AF_INET6): Address family not supported by protocol