I believe the ipv6 stuff was added by Philip a while back.  I haven't
noticed any adverse affects, but can confirm the behaviour that Lonnie
mentioned related to telnet and wget.

My preference is to remove ipv6 from the 0.6 branch if this cannot be
resolved quickly.  ipv6 is not wide spread at this point.  The 0.6.3
release will happen after Asterisk 1.4.23 is released (mostly because it
addresses a few major parking related bugs that are causing some serious
issues).

Darrick