What I'm trying to do is this.

Let's say I have some service that runs on port 101 (hypothetically).

I want to continue to run it on that port internally, but I want to
relocate it on my external interface because I'm tired of it being
port-scanned, and it's no a particularly secure service.

So I run my relocated service externally on port 10100.  Internally on
101... and block packets sent directly to the external interface on port
101....

What I want to do is this.

If a connection comes in for TCP/10100 on my external interface, I want
to (a) --setmark the packet, and (b) -j DNAT --to-destination 101 on it.

Then separately, if a packet is for TCP/101 and it came on my external
interface:

(a) accept it if it's marked (i.e. had been reNATted),
(b) reject it if is isn't marked (i.e. hasn't been reNATted from TCP/10100).

Simple, right?

-Philip